Friday, February 4, 2011

Pumpkin Pie French Toast

Look at this... go on, take a closer look...
This, my friends is pure breakfast delight. 5 words... Pumpkin. Pie. French. Toast. Bake. OHEMGEEEEE. This is good stuff. I saw this recipe posted on a blog that I frequent (cookingwithmykid.com) Her blog is amazing... great recipes, ideas, beautiful food and pictures and its so encouraging to see her getting her son involved in the kitchen every singled day. I think its so important that our kids know where their food comes from and I also think that its important for moms to teach their kids practical things like cooking & its so fun for them to get them involved where they can even when they are wee ones. Another fun blog I like along these lines is weelicious.com. Great stuff. Anyways, I saw this recipe in the fall when I was on a detox (seriously worst time to got on a 3 months detox... comfort food galore, Halloween candy, Thanksgiving feasts, holiday prep and parties which all involve copious amounts of sweets. worst idea ever Amanda) Well, I made it through the detox without cheating (much) all the while compiling a list of foods that I was coming across dieing to try to whip up and now is the time that I am getting to make them! yay! goodbye detox, hello pumpkin pie french toast! Hey, dont most people resolve to eat better come January? :) Its all about moderation people! Thank goodness my hubby is just as obsessed with pumpkin any time of the year as I am because this recipe is AHHHHH-mazing if you are a pumpkin lover. Our family are not, I repeat NOT morning people... we sleep in, our boys sleep in & we stay in our pjs for as long as we can. BUT we also love love love breakfast foods and sweet ones at that so if you were to stop by our house around 11 or 12 on a Saturday morning you would most definitely find us chowing down on something like this...
My hubby and boys haven't been feeling 100 % so Friday morning became Saturday morning and I made us a treat for 'breakfast' this morning. Seriously. If you don't make this you WILL be sorry. Delicious eggy Challah bread soaked in a heavily spiced pumpkin custard and then baked until its slightly crispy on the outside and ooey gooey on the inside. Yum. It was so delicious I didn't even get a picture of it when it was piled high on my plate with a sprinkling of powdered sugar, a drizzle of maple syrup and a dollop of whipped cream... oh yeah, and don't forget the pat of butter. Delish. So yeah, all you get a pic of a half eaten dish of pumpkin pie french toast and an empty, dirty, plate! :) It was amazing, but don't take it from me- go make some!

Go here: http://www.cookingwithmykid.com/recipes/pumpkin-pie-french-toast/ for much better pictures and the recipe!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Bauble images by Clarice Gomes